Two Rivers (book)
Two Rivers is both a ghost and a road story—one that traverses decades and dimensions as much as it does waterways and highways, both real and imagined. It explores the nature of time, consciousness, and the enduring significance and soul of geographies. The photographs, mostly made on a cross-country road trip, flit between worlds, shot through with bliss, horror, longing, liberation, and ecstasy.
$10 from each book sale goes to the West Central Women's Resource Centre in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
- 9x9 inches, 80 pages, 62 plates, printed offset.
- First edition of 250, published November 2020 by Axis Mundi Press
- Soft-cover design hand-painted on St. Armand canal paper (made largely from recycled cotton fabric).
- Essay written by Newfoundland-based writer and musician Kate Lahey.
- Download code for the Two Rivers score written by violinist Laura C. Bates.